We're on a mission to build the worlds most immersive cyber security education platform for young adults and we're looking for a talented Front End Developer to help take our product, CyberStart, to the next level.
CyberStart is an industry leading educational game used by over 200k students in the UK and US. Last year we embarked on a complete rebuild which will allow us to double down on the immersive and engaging user experience it provides, by investing in an upgrade to our front-end approach. This role, working directly with our Product Designer and the development team, will be pivotal in setting that direction.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the implementation and improvement of our front-end code, currently using the templating language Twig.
- Work with our Product Designer to find new ways to improve the design system and component library to level up the overall user experience.
- Take the lead on front-end performance and accessibility, ensuring our product is lightning fast, highly functional, and accessible to as many users as possible.
- Set the direction for our future front-end stack, exploring frameworks like React, Vue and others to bring a new level of immersive experience to the product itself.
Your skills and experience
- A passion for writing high quality, modular and semantic HTML, as well as a strong understanding and applied experience implementing templating languages, especially Twig.
- A history of working with designers to implement performant, engaging and immersive UI's, as well as an appreciation of the value of design and UX generally.
- Strong demonstrable experience of improving front-end performance and accessibility for highly trafficked sites.
Most of the team work remotely, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott-under-Wychwood for when the world gets back to working in person again, so either are an option long term.
Level and salary
- We're looking for someone mid to senior who is ready to take ownership of the front-end in an established team of developers.
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
- Pension, private healthcare and free eye tests.
- Flexible remote working with some core hours.
- Regular team 'get togethers' (when restrictions allow) which have previously seen us escape from zombies, swing through trees, and construct our own gingerbread empires!
- As amazing office on the Cornbury Estate, surrounded by countryside walks (and a sheep or two), with a fully stocked drinks fridge and onsite gym.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays per year.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter detailing why you think this role is perfect for you, and any further information you think would be relevant for us to see.