Technical Content Author
We are seeking a Technical Content Author to help us develop a learning platform for students, which aims to inspire the next generation of cyber security professionals. The platform will have a strong focus on teaching fundamental computer science concepts, and will build up to learning some key cyber security fundamentals.
We are looking for someone with good computer science fundamentals and strong writing skills. Many of the students who will use this platform will have little to no experience in the cyber security industry, so communicating complex topics in simple terms will be crucial. You will need to be comfortable recording screencasts, voiceovers and demo videos for the platform. This role will also require you to design practical lab work, to give these students experience in a "real world" environment.
This role will be primarily remote but will require some in-office presence. The office is located in Ascott-under-Wychwood, and on occasion you may be required to attend meetings in other places, usually London.
- You will be working alongside the team to define the key syllabus for students.
- You will be responsible for writing the content for the course and communicating and presenting this in a way that someone with little technical background will understand.
- Produce screencasts and demo videos of the course content.
- Write quiz content to validate that students have met learning objectives.
- Produce lab content for students to gain practical experience.
- A good eye for detail alongside a logical and organised approach to time management.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Some programming knowledge, at a minimum Python. Knowledge of a low-level language such as C is optional but preferred.
- Knowledge of modern programming standards (for example, agile, version control, unit tests, etc.).
- Understanding of CPU architecture, memory (stack/heap), storage formats.
- Understanding of networking, packets, protocols, etc.
Education and experience
- Computer Science or similar degree preferable.
- Some cyber security knowledge is preferred, but there will be guidance on this for someone with strong fundamentals who can learn quickly.
Level and salary
- We're open to applicants with a variety of skill and experience levels but we're anticipating someone with previous experience running a small marketing team and delivering significant multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Company benefits include:
- Private healthcare.
- Flexible working with some core working hours.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays per year.
- Regular team-building away days.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and any further information you think would be relevant for us to see.
< Back to all careers