Due to increasing workloads, we're looking for a PHP developer to help us build a variety of exciting products. Working with our existing team of developers and designers, you'll be involved in building websites, workflow tools and educational products for a range of commercial and government clients.
Helical Levity is led by world renowned cyber security expert James Lyne and combines a team of world-class security researchers, designers and developers. Together we provide expert cyber security consultancy and build industry leading tools that, amongst other things, help to identify and develop new talent.
Much of the team work remotely but we do have an office in Stow-on-the-wold, Gloucestershire. There is the option to work in either environment but we do tend to meet up in Oxford or London to catch up on projects so being within a sensible travel distance of either would be useful.
If you have a passion for PHP and want to put your programming skills toward tackling some fun and difficult coding challenges, please do get in touch.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Product Owner(s) to help break down business requirements into measurable and implementable user stories.
- Work closely with departments such as Design and DevOps to deliver projects successfully.
- Participate in our agile development process including weekly stand-ups, sprint planning, and monthly company meetings.
- When refactoring existing code you will ensure that there are working tests and that code standards are met.
- Create and maintain documentation for existing and new systems.
- Ensure that live applications continue to function as expected.
- Participate and successfully deliver on multiple high priority projects while adapting to changing business priorities as both project lead or member.
Skills and education
- The ability to take both simple and complex briefs, user stories and developed interfaces and turn them into working apps.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, the ability to work on multiple projects at once as well as create and follow maintainable development practices to keep everything well managed.
- Be self-motivated and can work to tight deadlines.
- A proven track record of developing robust PHP applications.
- Experience with the AWS environment.
- Familiarity with OO and design patterns.
- A solid understanding of Web Application Security.
- A knowledge of PSR standards.
- Are comfortable writing unit tests and have familiarity with, or may have even written, acceptance tests.
- Any knowledge of the Linux command line is a definite advantage.
- Understanding of web stack concepts such as HTTP, cookies, headers, profiling, and caching.
- A computer science related degree is preferred, but more important is a passion for coding and a track record of developing high quality apps.
Level and salary
- We're open to applicants with a variety of skill and experience levels.
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a link to any code and projects you think would be relevant for us to see.
< Back to all careers